PIRATE NATION GIVES SURPASSES EXPECTATIONS
More than 2,300 Pirates answered the call to support ECU during Pirate Nation Gives. The seventh annual day of giving on March 22 surpassed expectations, raising nearly $12 million in support of university priorities.
It was the final Pirate Nation Gives held during the Pursue Gold campaign and continued the steady course of the university’s ambitious effort to raise $500 million.
Notable gifts included:
- A leadership gift from Pat ’67 and Lynn Lane, supporting the Brinkley-Lane Scholars program and the Honors College
- Keith Beatty ’73, who has endowed access and athletics scholarships with a gift of more than $980,000
- ECU trustee Cassie Burt and husband Travis, who have committed to a professorship
- Todd Ervin ’94, who gave $25,000 toward the Todd & Elizabeth Ervin College of Business ROTC Scholarship Endowment
- Cheryl and John Oliver, who provided a Pirate Nation Gives challenge gift of $25,000 in addition to a bequest and planned gift in support of the Coastal Studies Institute
- Darrell Roberts, a technology systems student, who has donated $5,000 to start a scholarship in the Bachelor of Science in industrial technology program
- Nicholas Steward ’07 ’11, who established a scholarship endowment in the College of Nursing in memory of his wife, Christina Hill Steward ’07.